The Biggar and District Credit Union recognizes the importance of access to basic financial services at a reasonable cost. A low fee account can help you protect and manage your money, keep track of expenses, and save for a rainy day.
Your credit union low fee account will provide you with the following services:
- at least eight debit transactions per month, with at least two of which that can be done in-branch;
- a low monthly fee* (as with other service packages, regular transaction charges apply for transactions over the monthly limit);
- no charge for deposits;
- deposits that are fully guaranteed**;
- a debit card for qualifying members; Your credit union low fee account will provide you with the following services:
- a monthly statement;
- cheque writing privileges for qualifying members.
* The maximum monthly fee does not include ATM withdrawals in Saskatchewan that do not display the credit union name or logo, withdrawals at ATM's outside Saskatchewan, cheque printing costs, fees for drafts, money orders, safety deposit boxes, travelers’ cheques, overdraft fees, certified cheques, NSF charges, stop payments, foreign currency, and other additional services offered from time to time. Some credit unions may charge for paper statements, where electronic statements are available.
** Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation fully guarantees all deposits held in Saskatchewan Credit Unions. For more information visit www.cudgc.sk.ca.